The vagina ages in much the same way as the skin covering the rest of the body. Women often notice differences after pregnancy and childbirth, but are particularly susceptible to vaginal changes following menopause.
These include vaginal atrophy, whereby the vagina’s lining becomes thinner, drier and less elastic, due to declining levels of the hormone estrogen. An atrophic (loose) vagina is often the source of great discomfort, owing to the lack of lubrication, causing general itching and dyspareunia (pain during sex).
- 360 total circumferential heating of the vaginal canal regenerates new collagen and elastin fibers rejuvenating and thickening the vaginal canal
- After three treatments with the BTL Ultra femme 360, in peer reviewed clinical publications, patient’s results demonstrated89%of women reported post treatment that their conditions interference with daily life reduced
- 62%of women reported post treatment that their conditions interference with daily life was completely eradicated
- 89%of women strongly agreed that their symptoms of Stress urinary incontinence greatly improved
- 93%of women strongly agreed that their sexual satisfaction had improved post treatment
The cause of the vaginal laxity and common issues described is a breakdown of the collagen and elastin fibers. Influencing factors are natural aging, childbirth, weight fluctuation and lifestyle.
Most collagen and elastin fibers are located underneath the epithelium (the superficial layer) in a layer of the lamina propria.
To rejuvenate vaginal tissue, it is important to heat lamina propria (the underlying tissue) to change these fibers by inducing a restorative natural process within the body. A small radio frequency probe is inserted into the vagina to heat these structures to produce new collagen and elastin fibers rejuvenating the whole length of the vaginal canal. It is painless just a local feeling of warmth often described feeling similar to a hot stone massage.